Link to my Education Blog

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Quick DIY Fall Centerpiece


Hello all!  I thought I would quickly share a super easy and very pretty DIY fall centerpiece.  This would be the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving tablescape.  It could not have been easier to make.  

What You'll Need:
-1 cake stand (mine is a white, metal one from World Market)
-A variety of fall-colored artificial flowers (I got mine from Michael's)
-Heavy Duty scotch tape (you can really use any tape but make sure it's clear)
-1 Large artificial (or real) pumpkin (mine is from Michael's)

1. First, take the flowers and cut the stems so they are about three-four inches long.  Depending on how large your cake stand is will depend on how short you cut your flowers.  You want to have them long enough to hide under the pumpkin but still hang off of the plate stand slightly.

2. Once all your flowers are cut, start arranging them around the cake stand the way you want them.  I started by spreading out all of the similar flowers around the stand so it was balanced and their was a good variety.  Don't forget to add the leaves as well!  They add a really pretty detail to the stand and break up all of the flowers.  



3.  After they are arranged the way you like, start taping the stems directly to the cake stand.  You could hot glue them as well but I wanted to make sure I could reuse the stand once it was finished and wanted to make sure it wasn't damaged.  



4.  Lastly, just place your pumpkin on top of the taped flower stems.  The weight of the pumpkin helps to keep everything in place and helps hide all the tape!  



Viola!  It's as simple as that!  It took me a total of 15 minutes and it is hands-down my favorite fall centerpiece.  You could mix it up by adding smaller pumpkins in a pile in the middle or perhaps pine cones?  The options are endless!






You can even use it in other parts of your house as well!  I also really like it as a vignette in my kitchen.






Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment